Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 4 - Monday - June 4. 2012

The wake up call today is 5:45 since we have to meet Nelson by 6:15 for our morning hike. So, off we go to look for birds since they are most active during this time. We hike around and see some really beautiful birds of all colors but of course even though Nelson knows all their names, I don't remember much.
Next we head for breakfast which is fruit, granola, bread with jam and scrambled eggs. Yummy!
We are scheduled to do one more hike this morning but Dave and I decide to hang around on our balcony for a while and then we take a short hike on nearby trails. I have to admit that my legs were feeling a bit sore and I don't know if I could have handled another three hour hike.
Lunch for today offered a choice of rainbow trout or chicken and I chose the fish and Dave the chicken. The chicken was served with a warm fruit sauce that tasted like berries but it also had pieces of pineapple and peaches in it as well. It was very different and Dave enjoyed it very much. My trout was grilled and did not have any sauce today which made it even better as I could taste the true flavor of the fish and it was delicious.
It is so nice and tranquil at the cloud forest and we truly enjoyed our time there.
Well, off for our two hour ride home which was uneventful and my stomach totally cooperated.
Back at La Rabida, we settled into room 10 which has a nice garden view, too bad we are only here for one night this time.
For dinner we head off to Achiote which I had read about on trip advisor but we did not enjoy that much. I had grilled fish which was I think a white fish that was cooked well but had no flavor at all and Dave got the fried pork which turned out to be kind of dry. Oh well, it was edible and once we were done we headed back to our room to get our packing sorted for the Galapagos.
Up again early tomorrow but it is sure to be the start of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment